Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Holidays!

A Thanksgiving road trip to Atlanta last week to visit loved ones resulted in a stop over and I was able to stock up on some novelties which are sure to inspire me in my studio.  A downtown shop specializing in rare books was the perfect spot to spend a rainy morning.  I would have taken photos but a mischievous pixie had pilfered my photo card.  Along with the goodies I gathered,  we spent some time exploring the historic areas in downtown Lexington.  Dream houses galore!







Time to get out the sugarplums...

I made this advent calendar last year and have been scouting the area for confections to fill the pockets.  I fashioned the pockets from recycled sweaters and added embellishments.  What fun we will have savoring the secret sweets!  Frosty helps us count down.  Click on the images for a closer peek.



No comments: