Monday, December 13, 2010

Oh, the weather outside...

I wrote much of the following post yesterday, but alas, with no Internet service I was unable to publish.  So I am leading off with a picture of our newly constructed wreath. 




and a closer view...





Ah, it is a wintry day in Michigan.  The snow is falling and blowing.  Our power is threatening to go out.  The Internet and cable are already down.  And yet I am having a great day.  My baby girl and I picked out loads of glittery ornaments yesterday and the wreath making is about to begin.  I will post pics as soon as we are satisfied with our creation. 

In the meantime...



It is truly beautiful outside the window.




We braved the weather this morning to venture into the village. It is only about a mile from home to some of the quaintest stores around. I bought this yarn today in order to knit some mittens. I really should have finished this project by now…obviously.



I love this yarn.  I worked on the mittens and they came together fast...so I'll be ready for the frigid temps coming our way.




I made these leg warmers last week and they did come in handy today.  I just love my combat boots but they are not the warmest.  The leg warmers help. 



No comments: