Friday, December 24, 2010

Man (or woman) in the Mirror


Christmas eve has arrived!

 Honey man says I am crazy to arise so early when my long winter’s nap will not begin until about midnight, but there is much to do and I couldn’t sleep thinking about the tasks at hand and about those who are not as fortunate.

Aside from my annual holiday feast, my purpose today is to lend a hand where I feel it is most needed.

A very wise young man reminded me recently that we are never done growing and that our purpose in this world is to wage the battle against our own cynicism and try to make positive changes in our own lives. This is remarkable coming from one who has endured so much in his young life and I will try to heed those words.

If you want to make the world a better place...

I do.

2 comments:

mscearce said...

Ms. Locke, I am very interested in turning a family photo into the foundation of a mixed media piece. I am looking for techniques for transfering photos to the fabric I hope to work on.

Laura Locke said...

I would love to be able to help you with this but I haven't much experience with photo transfer. The images I create are pieced together using various shades of fabric and are not transfers. A good book on collage should be helpful.