Sunday, June 12, 2011

my first solo show!



For some reason, the recent announcement I posted regarding my upcoming show at the Artcapsule Gallery has mysteriously disappeared from the blogosphere.  The artist reception will be held on July 8th and the show will run through July 26th.  This is my first solo show and I am very excited.  I have been working on new images at a feverish pace and hope to have many new pieces to show.  There will also be prints available.  


Recently I have been experimenting with unusual ways of including pressed images into my pieces.  In the above piece, I used flocked wallpaper to create the background on the canvas.  I am pleased with the results.  A closer look...



I am also finding time to feed my spirit by enjoying the beautiful weather here in Michigan.  The abundant spring rain has worked its magic on my gardens and produced a glorious display of colorful blooms.
 My old fashioned peony pilfered from my brother's old farmhouse 
many years ago.
A closer look at one of the blooms.

An old fashioned rose bush flanked by a Miss Kim lilac.

The perfumed blooms are intoxicating.   

This clematis is a a relatively new addition.  Only two years old, her feathery blooms are profuse.

No comments: