Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

I have to take a moment to wish Arturo a Happy Anniversary.  We headed north to Petoskey for a romantic weekend.  Our stay at Stafford's Bay View Inn was memorable.  It is a lovely place and the staff is very, very accommodating.   


and of course, the view...


The inn was built in 1886 and is very well maintained.  It retains it's quaint Victorian atmosphere.  Below is an image from the early 1900's.


On our return ride home, we ventured to one of my spots to treasure hunt - Bay City.  The waterfront is home to several antique stores, including one antique superstore.  Here's what I picked up...
I picked up this little book out of curiosity and was pleasantly surprised when I leafed through the pages.
The front page told me I was on the right track.  I choose items pre-1925 for my collage in order to prevent copyright issues.  Continuing to flip pages I knew luck was with me.



Someone had been using this small pocket-size book to collect and store four-leaf clovers.  There are almost a dozen, most still in excellent shape.  I have to figure out how to include them in my collages.  It was my lucky day!








I also happened upon this large letter set.  I love using lettering in my images...


This boy may be practicing a Michael Jackson move.


This cat is looking to be included in a Halloween piece.




Saving the best for last - my favorite find(s) - 


These vintage wooden printer blocks will come in handy.  I'm off to the studio to play.  Will share more later this week.  - Laura

No comments: