Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hello again





It has been far too long since I have posted but I have been very, very busy creating new pieces for my upcoming show.  I also have several submissions due in the near future.  I am just taking a moment to show a few new pieces along with several details.  I have been taking many pictures recently and will make an attempt to post several times a week.  



I am finding I love to use texture in my recent pieces.  Dry brushing paint over dimensional paper creates an interesting effect and works to draw the viewer toward the imagery.  My pieces really do resemble photography from afar so drawing people toward the image is important to reveal the Shadowplay of fabric values.


This piece is open to interpretation.  I realize as I create, I carry an undertone regarding human rights.  Some of these pieces, I'm sure, will be unsettling to the viewer as they contrast completely with my upbeat imagery.  My conflicting moods are showing....again.




I utilized many, many, many vintage advertisements to create the bricks underfoot.  The effect is a bit dizzying.  

No comments: