Friday, February 25, 2011

On a Lighter Note




The tenor of my art changes frequently.  After I create one of my fiery pieces, I often feel the burden lift and change gears to create something more amusing.  I have finished the subject for my next piece and am nearly done perfecting her stage.  




I only use original vintage postcards, copyright free pages from well loved books (they are often falling apart as I cannot bring myself to savage a usable volume) as well as pre-1925 ephemera taken from old publications.




I have also been playing with hard molding paste which is what I embellished this bottle with.  It is difficult to see in the above pic but it brings an opaque sheen to the bottle, giving it an interesting appearance. 


I will finish this piece this weekend and post it soon.

No comments: