Friday, February 4, 2011

Let the sun shine

After a harrowing week (complete with a 4:45 a.m. wake up call on the weather radio trumpeting the blizzard warning), the sun is once again shining on a nine-inch blanket of new snow.  The kids are back in school after two blissful snow days and the birds are on the brink of finishing their third feeder full of seed.  

  
Actually, spending a few days hunkered down with the family in front of a roaring fire was great for the soul and I did manage to spend some time in the studio working on a new project while Emily, my youngest,  painted and embellished a picture frame.  I played with color during the whiteout and dreamed of warmer days.


I'm not certain it is finished, she probably needs to be holding something.  In the original pic it was a fan but I'm thinking maybe lipstick?, a powder puff?   I hung her up and will let her wait awhile while I think about it.  I really like the mirror image thing.  I imagine she is on a train, traveling to meet someone special.  There is a feeling of motion in this one.  

Here is a closer view...



  I'm off to work on something new and exciting.  Inspiration has returned!

No comments: