Wednesday, August 31, 2011

ITALIA

I apologize for my absence but I am now back, with my creative energy renewed, after a recent family vacation in Italy.  I have taken many photos that I will be sharing over the next few weeks and months as relevance demands.  Let me begin with the main reason for the trip - San Marino. Below is a view from one of the castles.
 My father was born in San Marino (a small republic within Italy).  When I learned that my parents were planning a trip, I was able to convince Arturo (along with our two teenagers) to accompany them on their journey.  We were also joined by two of my sisters and other family members.  While we only spent a couple of days in San Marino, we did spend two full weeks traveling by rail across Italy.  A day of swimming in Rimini yielded this foreboding photo.
No, this is not a volcanic eruption, only a fire,  but it did create a moment of trepidation.
It was a wonderful experience and along the way I was completely inspired by the art, history and beauty of the Italian countryside.  Not to mention the food!

 I did pick up some very old printed materials that I will be including in my upcoming pieces.
We only returned last evening and I have much to do before I can get back into the studio but I look forward to sharing my experience with you in the coming weeks.

No comments: