Thursday, August 11, 2011

Larry's Girl


This piece is relatively new and is a memorial piece for a dear friend of mine, Larry, who passed away suddenly in early May of this year.  The figure in this piece hung unfinished on my studio wall for some time and every time Larry visited, he commented on how much he liked her and asked me if I would consider selling it to him when it was finished.  Of course, I agreed but unfortunately, he was unable to enjoy the finished project.  So, as a tribute, I named her Larry's Girl and I believe he would approve.


This is another piece I displayed at  my July show at the ArtCapsule gallery.  Vintage buttons adorn the neck of the instrument along with vintage thread from my stash of goodies.


I have taken a little time off recently as I seem to have damaged a nerve in my thumb during the frantic pace needed to finish pieces for that show.  It is on the mend and I hope to get back to work in early September.


In the meantime, I have been gathering my inspirational trinkets in a recently procured vintage mailbox.


I'm not really sure what I will do with these babies but I couldn't resist their adorable faces and they will, at the very least, be on the sidelines, cheering me on.


No comments: