Monday, October 24, 2011

anna's dance

Above is my piece entitled Anna's Dance, an image of Anna Pavlova, engaged in her Dying Swan pose.  I have to say I love this piece.  As I mentioned in my previous post, she was donated to a charity auction at the Starry Starry Night Gala to benefit the Future's Foundation.

Above is the second swan image in a very similar collage.  I wanted to create this piece in order to include her in my upcoming show.  The quotation is reported to be the last words Anna Pavlova spoke before she left this world and I feel it fits well with the subject.  I am still in the process of finishing this piece and will most likely tone down the quotations.  I have been playing a little with embossing this time around and have many new ideas to bring to the table.  

1 comment: